Re: [FWDLK] Rubber trunk mats for 55-56 Plymouth / Dodge

Re: [FWDLK] Rubber trunk mats for 55-56 Plymouth / Dodge

Richard,

I talked to a few companys that make rubber parts and was told that this
type of item is too large and market specific to be cost effective to make.
That was the bad news. The good news is that a trunk full of leaves and or
other debris (non-petroleum based) seems to help preserve the rubber mats.
I found a perfect mat in a '57 Savoy that the trunk had not been opened
forever but the rear window was missing and let in a ton of leaves. It pays
to look in every trunk that you see. I also use commercial rubber care
products in large doses on my mats. Good hunting.   Larry Stanley