Re: [FWDLK] Kelsey-Hayes Wheels

Sorry to confuse you.  I was taking tires off steel wheels from 49 and up, mostly 1960 and up.

I do probably have that many between those on cars and off.   Have restored set on 55 300 and a 49 T&C which came with them from dealer when I bought it new in 83.  (YES I am original owner and bought it in 83!)  I have two other T&Cs which came with them when I bought them also.

Also have 55 Wagon which came with them new but they have been sold/traded to get steel wheels for T&Cs.   I probably have three sets which are not mounted and really have no plans for them.

What kind of price did yours go for ?

Terry & Andree Hoeman wrote:

> Kelsey-Hayes manufacturing company has long been given credit for the wire
 wheels which were available on Chrysler products beginning in 1953.  The point
 that i was making was that every wire wheel i have ever seen from Chrysler
 products of those years actually has motor wheel stamped on the rim underneath
 the tire.  Motorwheel seems to have been the main supplier of wheels to
 Chrysler from what i have seen on various wheels in my mess here.

> Just took 25 tires to the city dump on Tire Amnesty Day last weekend and noted
 that a number of the wheels had motor wheel on them when the tire had been
 removed.  Thought I was doing good with the 25 but I was humbled with all of
 the BIG trucks and trailers there with full loads of wheels.  City of 20,000
 put 30,000 tires in on one day.  Few farmers in the area helped get the total
 up.

Hello there. I was lucky to find a set(4) very used Motorwheel wires at
Chryslers @ Carsile.
You have 25+??? wire wheels???? WOW!!!
Are most of them 15x6.5???

Paul Holmgren