[FWDLK] Chryslers at Carlisle - The Best Ever

[FWDLK] Chryslers at Carlisle - The Best Ever

I've just returned from Chryslers at Carlisle.  My wallet is considerably
lighter.  But with perfect weather (mid-80s / low humidity) and nothing but
MOPARs, who cares !

In the four years that I've been going, this year had the largest number of
Forward Look cars. Many 57-58 Plymouths.  I found the car corral most
interesting, though.  Some of the cars for sale were: a 56 Desoto FF Pace
Car Conv, 58 Imperial 4dr sdn, bone dry with original light green paint, 58
Imperial 4dr HT with original red paint, again bone dry rust free, 100%
rust free 59 Dodge 2dr sedan with 16,000 original miles (flathead 6,
though), red and white 58 Dodge Coronet 2dr HT, 58 Chrysler 300D HT - the
rustiest car you've ever seen !

Also the parts for sale in the swap meet included NOS 57-58 Ply wing tips,
ultra rare NOS 59 Dodge Lancer fender medallions, 58 Dodge D500 medallion,
again NOS, 57-59 dual rear antenna (one only).  Rare literature too !  How
bout a 57 Plymouth fabric and color selector book.

Really enjoyed meeting some of you folks !  The names that come to mind are
Dave, Jack, Glenn, Bob and Paul.  It's great to finally meet the faces
behind all those posts I've been reading !

Ron

PS - Dave, I hope you made it to Penn State OK.  With any luck, you didn't
have to do it in Reverse !