Re: [FWDLK] Finned Trucks

 ---- you wrote:
> Some of you may have seen the pic I put on the net a few months ago of a 57
 Dodge Car-truck. http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/uhld/57trk.jpg
A few days ago I met a fellow from Sterling, CO. His name is Alan Gentz and he
 owns a completely and correctly restored 1958 Swepline halfton. He let me have
 a couple of pics of it to put on the net.
> Front of truck: http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/uhld/58swpln.jpg
> Rear of truck: http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/uhld/58swpln.jpg
These truck were made from 57 to 59 with a total production of less than 1,000
 units. Alan came to Saskatchewan to buy my friends' 74 Adventure with only
 7,000 miles on it. Besides the 58 and now the 74 this fellow has over a dozen
 rare Mopar trucks including a 66 CSS (Custom Super Sport) with a factory 426
 Wedge. I will let you know when he sends me some more pics.

Cool stuff, Don, but I think they made a few more than that...   ...up in your
 neck of the woods they made 745 Fargo Sweptlines alone in '58 (the only year
 for the Fargo Sweptline; I don't know about U.S./Canadian Dodges or DeSotos
 although I have a book w/a picture of what appears to be a '57 DeSoto pickup
 with rear fenders from a '56 Plymouth).

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com