Re: [FWDLK] >>>T`s>>>>>

At 11:58 PM -0500 6/2/98, Here,There or Somewhere wrote:
>Going to Wichita,Ks to the Mopar Only swap meet and car show this sunday
>the 6th,
>at Zoo Park.
>any one Else?
>Mark & Don
>      55 Ply
>
>My understanding is that
>You can copy anything that doesn't have the words TRADE MARK or the (R)
>on it
>If it says TRADE MARK or the circle with the (R) in it you cannot
>reproduce it .
>It has acopywrite,and the laws protect it.
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:trade mark.jpg (JPEG/JVWR) (0000737F)

Trademarks and copyrights are two different things.  A trademark identifies
a product on the market.  A Dodge logo on a T-shirt would not strictly be a
trademark infringement, but plastering the Dodge name on a car you're
making would be because a buying could be deceived as to the source of the
goods.  Trademarks are not copyrightable.  So the advice about copying if
TM or (R) is there is wrong, wrong, wrong.  Nevertheless, it is real easy
for a lawyer to send a threatening letter out.  It amazes me how many curb
their behavior when erroneously threatened this way.

Richard Main
California Attorney (Intellectual Property )
55 Belvedere
56 Fury