Re: [FWDLK] >>>Information wanted >>>>

At 8:15 PM -0500 5/26/98, Here,There or Somewhere wrote:
>Any one know If the door glass and vent wing assembly's out of a 56 Ply
>2dr ht
>will fit a 55 Ply convertible?
>also windshields?
>what is the combination
> is 55-56 2dr (post) , 4dr , and Wagon all the same
>
>55-56 convertible and 2dr custom coupe (No post) all interchaible?
>
>Im trying to find vent wing and window assembly's for the convertible
>in very good shape(no Pits,or rechromeable)
>thanks
>  Mark & Don
>         55 PLy

The 55-56 convertible coupe uses windshield part # 1592-470 (or Solex
1592-672).  These are the same parts used in the 55 and 56 Dodge and
Plymouth Special Club Coupes.  The other bodies and Chrysler, and Desoto
use different part numbers.  Same story for the door glass and vent wing
assembly.  Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co. was the original supplier.  I
recently got a new windshield with choice of clear or tinted for my 55
Belvedere 4-dr sedan.  Richard Main 408-897-3100