[FORWARDLOOK] Paint Question

The colour of my 58 Belvedere is white with a red roof/side spear. I at
first thought it was non original until I removed my door panels and found
original overspray (the car has been repainted once). But, the underside of
my trunk lid is a dark-blue/green, as is the fuel filler neck and traces of
it can be seen underneath the car. Is this primer? Does anyone else have a
Plymouth like this? My car was built at the L.A plant. Perhaps production
schedules were such that this area was left unpainted? My underhood is
white, so I am confused as to why my trunlid isn't.. Also, does any one know
what all the correct colour schemes should be for 58 Plymouths
(underhood,chassis, trunk floor etc), just in case one day I decide to get
fanatical :)
  Todd
58 Belvedere 4 door Sport Sedan (Hardtop)