[FWDLK] Junk Yard Adventure.

I just went to local junk yard that is known for old cars.  The ol' guy
there was amazing.  He has hundreds and hundreds of cars and he knows right
where everything is, cars and parts.  He did not have a 55 Belvedere, just a
Savoy.  He told me where to find it in the yard if I wanted to look it over.
When he asked what I was looking for, I told him front turn signal lenses
and a rear backup light cone.  He says, "hang on a second" and goes
rummaging through some boxes and comes out with an old unopened MoPar box
that he cuts open and there is a brand new, never seen daylight turn signal
lens and housing.  Then he points me over to a counter and tells me to go
around behind.  He has some 55 taillights over there.  I found 2 brand new
looking housings with good taillights and mint reverse light cones.
Unfortunately, he only had the whole units with housings (and wanted $75
each for em) and I only need the plastic.  Mine are "ok" at that, just have
all those hairline cracks.  Apparently a Chrysler dealer was going out of
business back in the 60's and he bought their inventory.  Said he just
recently unpacked everything!  I wandered through the yard looking at cars
and found a huge section of old buses.  Each was packed to the gills with
parts and boxes of stuff.  I would love to spend a week scrounging around
that place!

See ya,  Joe.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5768
99 GMC Sierra K1500 SLE Z71 4x4 Ext Cab Shortbed 5.3L Blue/Pewter.
55 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr Club Coupe V8 Auto Red/Black Sport Tone.
http://www.infopage.com/plymouth/