[FWDLK] Fan Shroud

All,

Most of the few fan shrouds I have seen were made of metal. They looked
like someone took the top inch or two off a metal trashcan and riveted some
brackets on to hold it near the radiator. I am going to give this a try.
The trick is to find the right size can.

Another source of overheating is an improper antifreeze mixture. 50/50 is
the most recomended for typical use. Too much antifreeze (closer to 100%)
will boil faster than straight water under pressure. (From college auto
repair class book) The easiest way to keep a 50/50 mix handy for immediate
use is to pour 1/2 of a full jug into an empty jug and fill the two with
water. Every time you add to your radiator, the mix is always 50/50. (From
grandfather) You want to watch speeding the water pump pulley (and other
accs.) too much as they are designed for a certain RPM range. Heavy duty
pumps like on a police car or taxi have a larger shaft and bearing. The
impeller also has more vanes on it to increase the coolant flow. Their
radiators also have more tubes in them to help cool faster. One odd problem
I have had with a hot rodded jeep was the upper radiator hose collapsing
under high RPMs. I put a spring from an old lower hose in it and had no
more problem.

Larry