[FWDLK] Hardtop vs. Sedan

A "hardtop" is a vehicle that does not have the "B" pillars, which are
the pillars normally behind the front doors.  If I recall correctly, the
term was originally "hardtop convertible" because when the windows were
rolled down, it was like a convertible...no "B" pillars.  There can be
2-door "hardtops" or 4-door "hardtops."

A "sedan" is a vehicle that DOES have the "B" pillars behind the front
doors.  There are 2-door sedans and 4-door sedans.  Sometimes folks
refer to 2-door sedans as "coupes," but I can't argue the definition of
a 2-door sedan vs. a 2-door coupe....possibly a coupe is a 2-door
vehicle designed for 2 passengers?  Somebody else can help me on that.

So there you go, words of wisdom from the List.  Now you can sleep
better tonight.  :-)

Jason Rogers
'55 Belvedere 4-door Sedan.