Re: [FWDLK] what makes a Texan

 ---- CEW <rapilje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Seems to be a wealth of information around on the '55-'56 Dodge
> LaFemme.  But what about the Dodge Texan, which I believe was also
> marketed for '55-'56.  What made it a Texan?  I've read only a paragraph
> or two about it, and have never seen a picture.

I believe the "Texan" was nothing more than a Coronet with an emblem change,
 although I haven't seen one in maybe 30 years and so could easily be mistaken.

My impression was that this was a special model for Texas Dodge dealers not
 unlike the White Hat Specials of the later '60s.  If the Texan followed that
 mold, it might have offered an option package at a special low price.

I've only seen two, a '56 and a '57, both four-door sedans, and in both cases I
 saw them before I was old enough to drive.  The "Texan" script was not the same
 typeface as either the '56 or '57 Dodge.  The letter "T" had an undetailed map
 of the state of Texas behind it in gold (probably the same material as the '55
 Custom Royal's "Custom" diamond-shaped badge).  The "Texan" badge appeared in
 place of the normal model designation on both cars, and I believe it appeared
 on the trunk lid as well; in fact, I believe "Texan" script replaced the
 "Dodge" script on the '56 trunk lid, though again it's been so long I'm not
 100% sure.

Mike Sealey
I'm Not A Texan But My Dad Is

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com