Re: [FWDLK] what makes a LaFemme

 ---- Jim Wilson <jwilsom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know it a dumb question but what, other than the
> color make a Dodge a LaFemme model?

Not at all.  The LaFemme was marketed toward women, and came with a matching
 handbag, raincoat, and umbrella.  I think mechanicals were whatever you might
 find in any '55-'56 Custom Royal Lancer.  I've heard of at least one LaFemme
 with the D500 option.

The matching ensemble thing failed as I understand it because the target
 audience wasn't that keen on the need to coordinate the rest of their apparel
 with the colors of the car (pink/white in'55; lavender in '56).

I understand the accessories are extremely rare today.

Mike Sealey

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com