[FWDLK] Power brake master cyl. for '55-'56

[FWDLK] Power brake master cyl. for '55-'56

Hi All!
        Back from Thanksgiving trip in my '71 Fury III and found the
following inquiry about possible power brake unit that might work on
'56 Dodge/Ply...

<Have been noticing the thread about Power Brake units for 50's MOPARS
lately.  Saw a '56 Dodge at car at a show once that the owner had
converted
to power brakes using a booster off a Duster, Volare, or some such
vehicle....Thanks,John>

I went through the complicated process of replacing my '56 Savoy front
end with a Volare unit (not to be attempted unless you are obsessed
with the idea and can weld professionally)...in doing so I ended up
with cross torsion bars and nice disc brakes.  I used a non-power
master cylinder from a '76 or '77 Volare (very happy with added feel
and does not require much pressure).  Since the non power unit fit
perfectly on stock '56 mounting bolts I do not see why a power unit
would not work as well.  I had to modify the end of the stock '56
pushrod (grind it slimmer) to fit later unit but otherwise all is
stock.  Just wanted to share this in case it helps anyone out.

Del <midnight340@xxxxxxxxx>