Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 Plymouth hood

Jim,
   A little more detail on my earlier message...

   No need for a prop rod... just head for Home Depot and find a garage door
spring with an OD similar to the original, but thinner wire.  Cut the wound
portion of the spring to the approximate length of the original, then re-form
an eye on the cut end (be careful!)

   It may take a couple of tries, but with a little fine tuning, you'll be
able to lift your 'glass hood without having to prop it up like a Pinto hood!
And if you can find the right balance, you'll be able to close it without
folding the hood in half, and the corners will stay down!

Steve