Re: [FWDLK] paint

Hi just had to throw in my 2 cents worth, even though I now do my own paint,
back in
1990 I spent 6 mo stripping my 72 Nova down to bare metal, and block sanding
many coats of primer, I then took the car to Maaco, specified I wanted the car
shot
in a type, and brand of paint other than their house brand, and that I wanted
the car,
not to be machine sanded, simply masked as recived, and shot.The job cost
$650.00, and the car finished in the top five modified novas at super chevy
weekend
1990, took a trophy, and was mentioned in the magazine. I believe the prep
work to
be a major factor in a good paint job, often which can be done at home, saving
poor
joes like me big $$, with todays enamels they can be treated like laquers, wet
sanded, and buffed, resulting in a flat, shiny, durable, paint job with out
spending
a few thou. take care all, Fins Forever,   Terry Breed
                                                           1960 Dart Seneca
2dr
                                                           1937 Plymouth 1/2
ton pickup