[FWDLK] Steering box::

Nick - well, it was not good news, Jim Rawa has been my only reply so far -
and it sounds to me like Jim is a master machinist (which I am not) and he
adapted a Ford (pardon my French) box to a 57.  In the end he said it would
be easier to "clip" the car! (install different sub-frame), which he also
has done, which I am not about to, (if I was that energetic I would still
be drag racing.) So, I guess I just keep my vague & sloppy steering (at
least it feels like I'm driving a nifty-fifties Chrysler!) and be happy.
My unit is still ok & doesn't leak, so it's not a big deal.  It's just that
whenever I take it for a cruise (not often enough), I get pulled over by
Deputy Dawg 'cause he thinks I'm toasted!  (this only happens on Friday or
Saturday nights), and after an hour or two - I learn how to drive it again,
and everything's fine. I wanted to put some more "suds" in this baby, but
I'm half-scared to because of the steering.  I also need some way to stop
this thing - which brings up another topic - DISC brakes!  I am going to
try and figure this out (I already put 65 Chrysler 11 X 3's on the front,
and a 68 rear axle assy for the rears - I think I could have done the discs
in about the same amount of time!)Master power want's 1200.00 to do it. (no
thanks - I'll drag my feet), and the dude on the phone said it would be a
"custom built" system (no shi*?) - so, I asked him if they had ever done 57
- 61 Mopar conversions, and he said "oh sure!", then I asked him if they
threw away the plans or what? - that's just about the time the conversation
ended.  Smells a little, no?  Well, enough rambling - anyone got any input?
 Thanks much, DaveG.