[FWDLK] NOT ForwardLook, but car-related anyway.

[FWDLK] NOT ForwardLook, but car-related anyway.

Remember the cartoon "Inspector Gadget"?  If you don't know what it is,
I bet your kids do.

I know from time to time the question comes up about whether Inspector
Gadget's car was a DeLorean.  I don't know about the cartoon world, but
in the "real world" of the movies, it definitely isn't a "D".

They're filming the movie Inspector Gadget in the plaza of my office
here in Pittsburgh, and the car (a "Gagdetmobile") appears to be based
on a late-60's Continental convertible.  I took a quick peek at one of
the three cars, and to my surprise, there was a Chevy engine;
rear-mounted wayyyy behind the back axle, and a very, very odd looking
Corvette-style Independent Rear Suspension setup to put the Chevy power
to the pavement.  I couldn't even begin to guess the transmission...

As for the interior, well, there's a soft drink dispenser (Coca Cola,
Mello Yello, Sprite) and snacks (McDonald's, M&M's, etc.)

Personally, I think a 1958 DeSoto Adventurer convertible would have been
a much better choice for a Gadget-oriented detective.  (By the way,
anyone ever watch "Sam & Max, Freelance Police"?  They drive a '59
DeSoto 4-door Police cruiser).

Oh, and just two weeks until The Temptations movie, with cameo scenes of
my Plymouth.

Okay, enough rambling for me.  Go back to whatever it was that you were
doing.  =)

-Dave