Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge push button starter switch

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge push button starter switch

On 1/2/2011 9:00 PM, Bradley Werner wrote:
Hi All,
Another successful repair.
I was able to remove the push button control module and cable quite
easily. My initial fears were I would need to manually adjust the
control cable if I unhooked it. When I checked the micro starter switch
using the ohmmeter it checked out fine. So I put the module back in,
after I bent the tang to push the button in just a little bit more. When
I put the battery on and tried starting it was sporatic. Not reliable!!
I ended up replacing the switch with an NOS I found on Ebay. I drilled
it out and secured it with some small machine screws and nuts. So far so
good.
Thanks again to all for your expert help. I'm a happy camper.
Now, I'm going to work on a squeaky torsion bar.I think. It's quite
annoying riding along in the convertible, squeak! squeak! squeak!. Any
suggestions.
Till next time,
Brad Werner '57 Dodges

change the meezes for hampsters??