Re: [FWDLK] 57-59 Windshield Tint/Shade band

Re: [FWDLK] 57-59 Windshield Tint/Shade band

Wayne Graefen wrote:
Thanks to Lou, Neil and others for educating me that green shading is once again available in auto glass.
Well, Wayne, this was news to me as well, I just did those web searches to see if I could find the history - was hoping to find something concrete saying "green was out in 1973 and back in again in 1999" No such luck.

I do recall back around the very late '90s there were a few very bronze looking windshields coming at me on the highway in assorted Ford products from Crown Vics to Lincolns.
The Bronze tint in those Ford cars is because they offered a "quick defrost" windshile or sme such name. It has some sort of thin film in the windshield that is heated electrically (as opposed to the lines).

Lou