Re: [FWDLK] Mostly Mopars

Vince,

I am one of those guy with a bunch of cars and let me tell you the facts. If us guys with all the cars had to tell the truth we would have to say we were at our happiest when we worked on our first car. It didn't matter what it was worth or what it could be sold for. It also didn't matter if it was 100% correct or what other people thought about it. While we were building it and after we finished it we were happier than we ever could be with our 5--10---15 etc. cars we have today. I personally think we keep buying one more car hoping inside it we will find the magic and love that we felt with our first restoration. Sometimes we get close when we get another car but it is never the same as that first car. The feeling is very close to the butterflies you felt when you fell in love the first time.
     So enjoy this period of putting your first auto restoration together because you only get that feeling with the first one.

                                                                   Ron Allyn Swartley

PS. About a year ago I bought back my original 56 Plymouth Fury that I owned and drag raced as a teenager. So I have come real close to capturing the Magic for now?????????