Re: [FWDLK] nonMoPar ambulances, salvage yard

--- Richard Woodside <rwoodside@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you're into a major project on a rare car,
> though, while driving away, I spotted a 1958 Buick
> ambulance or hearse. It had a blue body and white
> roof. Didn't notice any lights or sirens, so I
> wondered if it had been a hearse, or possibly a
> combination hearse and ambulance.

Thanks for the reminder, and sorry to clutter the
FWDLK list with non-MoPar stuff, but I'd sure like to
see another one like this get saved.

French Lake Auto Wrecking in central Minnesota has a
'57 Olds ambulance or hearse that looks like it spent
later life passing as a station wagon. It's kind of a
forest service green, and I kept staring at it trying
to figure out what its trip was until I realized it
not only wasn't a hardtop wagon but the C-pillar was
straight up & down, unlike the usual Olds wagon which
has a curved C-pillar to match the door used on the
4dr hardtops. Very cool car, looked mostly complete,
and I'd really hate to see it get crushed.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop