[FWDLK] DeSoto Steering Box Adjustment

ForwardLookers,

Here's the advice from my mechanic on Dave Stragand's 1959
DeSoto, which Dave reports is recalcitrantly LeftLooking, instead
of ForwardLooking:

"I'm sure the problem is with the hydraulic control valve on the
top of
the steering box.  With the two attaching screws just snug you
can tap the
valve forward and back.  Tapping it forward (toward the front of
the car)
should cause a steering lead to the left. Tapping it rearward
causes a lead
to the right. A balance somewhere in between is what is desired.
If this
cannot be done, replace the valve assembly."

OK, Dave, try that and keep us posted on your efforts to wean
your DeSoto away from becoming a Nascar wannabe.

Dick Woodside
58 Chrysler NY T&C (on the straight and narrow)

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html