[FWDLK] The plot thickens...the oil thins

[FWDLK] The plot thickens...the oil thins

    I am impressed by the quick responses to my carb questions!  Lots of
good and practical info.  I wanted to say a bit more about the overfull
crankcase.  Looking at the dipstick, the oil appears to be about a quart
overfull.  The oil is more ashen gray than brown and doesn't feel like it
should on my hands.  There is no white sludge on the dipstick like when
water invades the oil.  I changed the oil a year ago (5 qts + filter).  I've
only driven the car around the yard in the past year, so I'd say there is
less than an hour run on that oil change.  I like to change the oil every
year even if I barely run the car.  So... the level went up a quart with
almost zero miles run.  This is probably related to the rough running.
Unless I keep my foot on the pedal, it bogs down and stalls.  Could this be
caused by excessive fuel pump pressure overriding the floats?

Thanks for the help!
-Eli Collins