Re: [FWDLK] fender skirts

--- Ed Bittman <MarPack57@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Time to ask the experts. I bought a pair of fender
> skirts labeled 60 Plymouth yesterday at the Daytona
> show. Later I discovered they would not fit my
> wagon. Was the wheel openings different on a wagon?
> If so and they will fit another body style I have
> them available.

I was vaguely aware of this before your post, Ed, but
had never looked more closely until you mentioned
this.

The rear wheel opening for '60 Plymouth sedans is
shaped like a smaller version of the front wheel
opening. It looks like the '60 Darts have the Plymouth
rear wheel opening as well, but I could be mistaken.

The rear wheel opening on Suburbans (which in the late
'50s and early '60s shared a lot of parts with various
other MoPar makes, and in fact had their own design
studio in addition to those for each separate make)
looks like that used on the fullsize '60 Dodge
(Polara/Matador) and might even be the same stamping
used in DeSotos and Chryslers, but all that is
speculation on my part.

This has me curious now, and I hope to hear from
someone who knows some of these things for sure...

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop