Re: [FWDLK] gahhhh!!!

When I went into the yard of local automobile club here in Finland (they are into really old cars
or old European cars - U.S. car clubs are different) with my '61 DeSoto, a member of that club
asked: "Does this car have a Dynaflow transmission?"...  Another guy from the same club was talking
about cars with my pal, who owns '60 and '67 Imperials and when the things went to Imperials..
"-Imperial? Is it some kind of old truck?" .. We both went speechless.

When I was cruising with my good looking (in my eyes) DeSoto at one hot summer night in the city,
I saw a young nice lady walking and I heard what she said to another one: "Yak, what a AWFUL car!!"

The most usual question or the only question from the big public is the following: "How much it uses gas?"
(Why it's so interesting since I am the only person who pays the gas for my car). My car uses
always all the gas I ever filled to the tank.

The old man came chatting with me when I was sitting in my DeSoto when I was parked and he told me
his brother had EXACTLY same kind of car in the '60s, it had fins too.. In my knowledge, the first
'61 DeSoto 2-dr. Hardtop was imported to Finland in 1989. All '61s which sold new here were Diplomats.

When I imported my DeSoto to Finland in 1990, someone in the shipping company in the States has
described to the shipping documents, that the car is "1961 Dodge DeSoto". And I needed a short-time
insurance for delivering the car out of port, but have a hard time in the insurance company for
explaining what car I have. They claimed DeSoto is a model, not a make and didn't believe me..

Ggahhhh!!!

Mark
FINN