Re: [FWDLK] Dropping things

I call those things Jesus clips, because when you drop one, you need Jesus to find it for you. That, or "Jesus!" is what you say when you drop it.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 8:04 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Dropping things

I just had to tell you this story of dropping small parts.  I was repairing a turn signal mechanism and had to remove the small "keeper" on the one part.  It is like a Chinese hand cuff that goes on and the little fingers won't let it come off again. (this is on a 55 Plymouth turn signal).  It is like a washer that is spring steel and has the grabbers on it.  Well these can be removed gently with a set of dikes and when it comes off one should be over a bench with a towel under it so the parts can drop on the towel and not roll or bounce away.  We all know thins don't we.  Well I done it and didn't even have it over the bench and lo and behold it came off and I heard 2 noises--one when it hit the floor and the other when it hit a box under my bench.  Well I looked all over and found nothing and then went to unload the box of copper and brass that needs to be sorted that was under my bench.  It was in there and the Lord only know why these things have to go in every direction when they come off.  This is just a reminder to put a towel or something under the parts you are taking off so you don't have to look all over for your parts.  Forgive me for my long windedness.

Jack in Shinglehouse, Pa looking at the Albino spike buck that runs around here