Re: [FWDLK] reducing engine heat

Hi Gary,
Sure, it is simpler to install a new thermostat, and I do runner cooler
thermostats on my cars, as well as an oil cooler or coolers on my race
cars.  I also go through the trouble of enlarging the oil passages to the
main bearings and the oil pick up, as well as smoothing and polishing the
cooling jackets and water passages.  But if you have an engine out for a
rebuild, and the cost is relatively minor (really the labor to remove the
flash and paint the inside), then why not go ahead and get the extra 5-10
degrees?  Anyone who builds for power will tell you that every little
thing counts (or all adds up, depending on how you look at it.) ;)

Hope this helps,
Chargin'Charles--->>>