[FWDLK] New Member Intro

Hi all
My name is Brendan Milne and live in Durban, South Africa. I own a '58 Desoto Diplomat Deluxe 4dr sedan and my dad a '58 Desoto Firesweep 4dr sedan both of which we are slowly restoring.
I've had my Diplomat for two years and its now a runner.When I got it ,it had been off the road since early 70's and had no engine,but a reasonable body.Fortunately I managed to buy a '61 Belvedere(terminally rusted) with 318 engine + manual trans which solved that problem.I still have body and interior to do.

My dads Firesweep was far worse off.Had also been standing for years: missing wheels, engine+trans and some trim.We were lucky enough to find a scrap '60 Desoto with 361 engine+torqueflight box and diff.Wheels came off a '64 Dodge Polara as did a radiator.The front body panels were also a problem as they had been poorly panelbeaten as well as being rusty.I then bought another scrap '58 Diplomat(same front as Firesweep) to get these panels.
There is still MUCH bodywork to be done!

We are still looking for body trim and tail lenses for the Firesweep.Any help greatly appreciated.

Great to be on the list- Thanks Dave.