Re: [FWDLK] 57 Dodge on e-bay

Interesting car with a lot of non-factory items!

First of all it's NOT a hemi but a Red Ram 325cid V8, the tranny may have been a 3 spd. stick, but not on the floor. The door panels look original but the glove box door is from a CRL as are the fin end castings with the reflectors.

The wheels are aftermarket and the tail lights are from a 59 Dodge. The license plate frame on the decklid should be aqua in color and the front valance (between the bumper bars) should be silver argent.

It appears that whoever handled the redo of the car wasn't particularly concerned with authenticity, but in all fairness the car looks to be in nice shape assuming it hadn't been wrecked or patched.

Maybe others of you can spot additional non authentic items...

Brian
57 D500s in cold MI

Philippe COURANT wrote:

Just take a look at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=548664725 : Dodge 1957
2-dr (sedan ?) with 325 CI (hemi engine). Ther's some oddities ! A "stromberg" carburetor
and a "factory" manual 3 speed floor shifter .. I never know that Dodge put floor shifter
on 57 ... Note also the color of door panels and upholstery

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com