[FWDLK] New Member

Hi,

My name is Andy Compton and i'm a new user to the forward look mailing list.  I'm currently "fixing up" a 1955 DeSoto Firedome originally bought as a parts car.  I live in California and the car came from Colorado.  As far as I can tell, it sat out in a dusty field for quite a few years.  The floor boards are rusted out around the pedals on the driver side, the exhaust pipe is rusted to pieces, much of the car's stainless steel trim and other pieces have had holes punched in them so they could be screwed on to the car, the rear right quarterpanel has been replaced and it has caused the rear right passenger door to have a moderate gap, the lower part of the rear left quarterpanel has rusted away and been replaced with bondo wrapped about a wire screen, and to top it off the fuel tank is rusted out.  I've rebuilt the engine and had the transmission rebuilt and they appear to be working just fine.  Right now, my main problems are with the floorboards and gas tank.

Any helpful hints as to how to repair some of these problems would be appreciated.

My e-mail address is pilotandy@xxxxxxxx

Thanks,
    Andy