[FWDLK] Another dumm question

Alright, you guys haven't answered my dumm questions lately, but I haven't given up.  Here's another one:

When I had the car painted, I took off the hood hinges, took the springs off, and painted them too.  Now they won't hold up the hood.  [Don't tell me there's too much paint and it's too heavy !!!]  Is there any way of "tightening" the hinges?  I thought that maybe the pins have gotten loose.  It worked fine before.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, Washougal, WA