Re: [FWDLK] Rosen,Mitchell & others

On the subject of rating sellers...

I have been advised by our legal counsel at work that I, as webmaster,
should avoid posting any pages that relate to rating any sellers.  The
reason?  My employer graciously hosts our internet connection for free,
but they remain joint & severally liable for any libel or
slanderous-type of comments put into a web page by me...  A web page is
considered often as a form of print, and the related laws apply.  Even
if the lawsuit is unfounded, if my employer get sued... bye-bye web
site.

Now you might ask, how can the comments about sellers that have been
made in the past be allowed to be in the archives?  Well, the archives
are considered to be a repository of discussion materials of a
non-moderated nature.  They're a bit safer to post, as they reflect the
opinion of the sender, and not necessarily the views of the webmaster.

Searching the archives for a vendor's name or asking on the list is a
safe bet.  However, I can't post anything even close to a rating system
on the web site.

If anyone else has any questions or concerns on this matter, please drop
me a line.

-Dave