[FWDLK] Questions on 1956 D-500 315 cuin

[FWDLK] Questions on 1956 D-500 315 cuin

Anyone have any original specs on the 1956 D-500 315 cu in?

I have two D500 blocks in my basement, one which needs boring and sleeving
on two cylinders, the other which has been bored and sleeved back to
original 3 5/8.  The first block had Jahns pistons two of which are
wrecked.

The second block had Chrysler Conformatic pistons, one with casting number
1731564 and the remaining seven had casting number 1731561.  The 1731564
appears to have deeper valve recesses in the top of the piston.  Can anyone
tell me what the original part numbers are?

Also am interested in finding out more about the specs for the camshaft in
the D500.  Anyone have any lift and duration numbers for this cam?

If anyone has a '56  parts book or factory manuals that lists piston and
cam part numbers I would really appreciate having a copy mailed or faxed to
me.

Anyone know if any NOS pistons are available for the D500?

Thanks in advance for any time you spend rootin' through your car stuff stacks.

Bill Hughes
'56 Dodge LaFemme, D500