Re: [FWDLK] 57 fury

Attention all you 57 Fury owners.
If you don't already have it, this item on Ebay is a must have for your
collection!
Lots of cool pictures of Furys peeling out, cornering at 85, engine
shots etc, plus HEAPS of factory specifications on camshaft specs etc.
I received mine last week.(Cost $8-00)
As well as my 57 Fury colour ad. (Fireplace/painting scene-"It's a rare
car that deserves a toast.")
Cover has a 57 Fury speeding (very blurred) past a 57 pace car-in
colour. Chequered flag etc.
EBAY Item #24058676 May 1957 Hotrod-currently up to only $3-00.
Get it!

Can anybody tell me for my friends information:

On 58 Fury, we have seen a few pictures only in colour, and are trying
to figure out what colour the wheel rims were from factory. Some
pictures show black, some show silver and have even seen one that looks
like they are gold. Which is ORIGINAL?

And can 58 Fury owners confirm that the 350 Golden Commando engine was
in  fact painted gold, as a few people have informed me? My friend, the
originality perfectionist, (His god is Jesus Chrysler!), has been misled
by unoriginal photos of other 58's with silver engines, and has had his
engine done in silver HPC. (High Performance Coating, baked ceramic,
commonly used to coat manifolds etc-doesn't come off-about $100 to do a
manifold! 25 year guarantee.) At a huge expense! OOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no feedback on that bracket that connects the power steering
jacket/cover with the power steering box on my 57Fury. Surely someone
must have access to an old wreck where this common part can be removed.
(Just another part in the jigsaw puzzle of converting from right hand
drive to left hand drive.) Even a part number would be helpful so that I
can track one down through the suppliers, but Chrysler appear to have
ommitted it from the parts manual that I have. Any ideas?

Thanks for any feedback.
Glenn,
57 Fury,
FURY@xxxxxxxxxx