[FWDLK] '56 Tires & Wheels

Hi Folks,

Great input on the wheels & tires.  Looks like the 235/75 will be the way to
 go(thanks Brett & Richard) -
like you Richard, need to get my car off its knees, but still wanted that tough
 look and some eventual
stability/traction on the road.  Back in the old days, I burned the old bias ply
 670X15s too easily with my
Belvedere 277 Power Pack, and the Fury is much hotter.

Have to go to Walmart today for a printer cartridge, so will check out those
 tires.

Your input on the looks of the wheels was great - as I mentioned one of my 15"
 wheels turned out to be a
4.5 and it does have the hub knobs to hold Moons.  The other 15 on my car is
 5.5, but does have remnants
of clips next to the bolt holes, but also has the key holes between the lugs and
 no small hubcap nubs.  The
two I got from Ernie and Gary are just as you describe with no clips attached.

John T, do you think gas shocks would offset the additional stress on the
 suspension to some degree,
presented by the radials?  Something to think about, and long term would hope to
 have another set of wheels
with Turbines and 710X15 Goodyear Wide Whites for Show.

Jack