Re: [FWDLK] Odd Mopars

 ---- Marko wrote:
> DeSoto didn't offered convertibles 1960-61 anymore. I know a restored 1961
 DeSoto Convertible in Sweden. Before it was restored, all parts related to
 convertible parts like pump fittings etc. looked like factory-installed. Same
 kind of 61 DeS Conv. is in Texas. It needs restoration. These cars may have or
 may have not leave the factory with soft top, but it may be possible, when the
 announcement of discontinuing DeSoto was launched, then some boss in factory
 line wanted something unusual and they used Chrysler Newport Convertible bodies
 to make cars, which officially should not exists. Or?

I'd like to see the body numbers on these cars.  A factory '61 DeSoto should
 have a "600" number, while a Chrysler would have an "800" body number.

Mike Sealey

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com