Re: [FWDLK] Engine Problems

What engine does your '59 have?  Mine has the 326, and I have the same
problem!  When I bought the car, it ran great.  It was so quiet, I didn't
even know it was running.  Then, about a year later, it developed a knock.
Not too bad, but it was there.  Then it became much worse, and I stopped
driving it because I didn't want to damage it more than I already may have.
I pulled the valve covers and found that the engine was completely caked up
with grime, and after putting a internal engine cleaner product in, the knock
became worse.  Most people I asked said that all the cleaner did was loosen
the grime and redeposit it so that it blocked all oil from getting to the top
of the engine.  Unfortunately, I was told that my only options were to
rebuild the engine or put in another engine.  It looks like I'm going to put
in a 68 383 for now, until I can afford to rebuild the 326.

Hopefully your engine isn't in the same boat as mine.  Just thought you might
want to hear another '59 story.  Good luck!

ERIC SKOWRON