[FWDLK] When they were junk?

What was the average time for using Forward Look automobiles on
the US roads from time they were new? When these finned Mopars
disappeared on the roads? If someone bought, for example, a new
1957 Chrysler Saratoga, when was its usual age to carry that rusted
hulk to salvage yard? Did they crush complete and driveable 1957
DeSotos in the '60s?

I read my June 1965 issue of Car Life magazine and I saw a Peugeot
ad. Behind that Peugeot is a salvage yard and there were stacked three
cars on roof of the others in row. At the very bottom car in the
foreground I recognized as a 1959 DeSoto Adventurer, a rare limited-
production factory muscle (590 were built). The DeSoto was six year
old then. _IF_ it has not been in an accident, I wonder how anybody
can handle cars like this so poorly.

                Mark
                FIN