Re: [FWDLK] Ramblings of a MadMan!!

I like the Foreward Look cars because in my opinion, the are the epitome of
the late 50's: gaudy excessivness. Big fins,lots of chromes, cool gadgets. I
was hooked when I was 18 and saw an ad for a 60 Desoto Adventurer for $1500.
I drove 2 hours to see it, fell in love with the car, and since the ad said
"$1500 or trade", I begged the owner to take my 1970 Buick Skylark on trade.
Well, I guess you can tell how that turned out.. I remember sitting in the
car, looking over my shoulder and seeing those gorgeous fins. COOL! I was so
disappointed that I couldn't buy the car. I got some relief from buying a Jo
Han model of the same car and painting it to match the "one that got away".
Ever since I could never find a Foreward look car that was solid AND in my
price range (peanuts), that is until last September I picked up the local
paper which had a special Autos for sale section. The first photo was of a
58 Belvedere 4 door hardtop. I hummed and hawed over the car, got in contact
with Dave Stragand who helped me learn what to look for on these cars. The
owner had a shop with a hoist and put it in the air. That sold me-the
underneat was like new.
 Sure, she still needs work,like most old cars that you buy at a reasonable
price, but even now, when I get into the drivers seat and look over my
shoulder at those fins, I get the same feeling that I got when I sat in that
DeSoto 12 years ago..
 My ramblings for the evening.
    Todd