Re: [FWDLK] The Duchess of Spring...

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE7B82.69CC2DCA

Thanks for the posting, Dave.  I couldn't help but laugh at the notion of
finding a distributor in the crock pot.  LOL!

Your experience with the dual points is very interesting, but I can't answer
that question.

As to your tranny problem, I presume your fluid is up to snuff?  Does this
"slip" always occur, or just after the car is sitting for a long time?  Is
the valve body in good shape?  And for kick-down, is the kick-down linkage
hooked up and adjusted properly?

I had an '88 Voyager with the "Torqueflite" tranny, and occasionally it
wouldn't upshift from 2nd into 3rd.  It turns out that my kickdown linkage
was "hung up" and it wanted to maintain "kickdown."  Just a little lube and
a jiggle seemed to "cure" the problem.

And your drive last night....the real reason I'm writing.....  I went to our
local movie theater last night, and felt compelled to drive my '55 to that.
After the movie, and after I dropped off my co-worker passenger, I hit the
highway for a moonlit drive.  My wife and kids were out of town, and I had
this opportunity, so I went for a drive...about an hour and 20 minutes
total.  What a sweet experience.  At first I had my radio on, but I quickly
turned it off so I could listen to the car.

So I drove about 35 minutes, crossed a county line, then turned around and
headed back to town.  Going south I was driving into the wind, cruising at
an indicated 68 mph.  The wind noise was terrible.  When I headed north,
with the wind behind me, I relaxed and cruised at about 60 mph
indicated....just listening to the car.  It was fun to concentrate on what
rpms the car likes best (I have the Powerflow 6), and realize how nicely the
car does drive...for a 44-year old car.  For a little while, I forgot about
the cosmetic imperfections and simply enjoyed my car.

To sum it all up, I was intrigued that "in spirit" you also were driving
your Plymouth last night.  Interesting, huh?  How many other Listers I
wonder went for a drive last night?  Was last night a full moon?  Hahaha.

-Jason Rogers
-'55 Belvedere 4-door - Powerflow 6 - 3-on-the-tree

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE7B82.69CC2DCA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>RE: [FWDLK] The Duchess of Spring...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks for the =
posting, Dave.&nbsp; I couldn't help but laugh at the notion of finding =
a distributor in the crock pot.&nbsp; LOL!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Your experience with =
the dual points is very interesting, but I can't answer that =
question.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">As to your tranny =
problem, I presume your fluid is up to snuff?&nbsp; Does this =
&quot;slip&quot; always occur, or just after the car is sitting for a =
long time?&nbsp; Is the valve body in good shape?&nbsp; And for =
kick-down, is the kick-down linkage hooked up and adjusted =
properly?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I had an '88 Voyager =
with the &quot;Torqueflite&quot; tranny, and occasionally it wouldn't =
upshift from 2nd into 3rd.&nbsp; It turns out that my kickdown linkage =
was &quot;hung up&quot; and it wanted to maintain =
&quot;kickdown.&quot;&nbsp; Just a little lube and a jiggle seemed to =
&quot;cure&quot; the problem.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">And your drive last =
night....the real reason I'm writing.....&nbsp; I went to our local =
movie theater last night, and felt compelled to drive my '55 to =
that.&nbsp; After the movie, and after I dropped off my co-worker =
passenger, I hit the highway for a moonlit drive.&nbsp; My wife and =
kids were out of town, and I had this opportunity, so I went for a =
drive...about an hour and 20 minutes total.&nbsp; What a sweet =
experience.&nbsp; At first I had my radio on, but I quickly turned it =
off so I could listen to the car.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">So I drove about 35 =
minutes, crossed a county line, then turned around and headed back to =
town.&nbsp; Going south I was driving into the wind, cruising at an =
indicated 68 mph.&nbsp; The wind noise was terrible.&nbsp; When I =
headed north, with the wind behind me, I relaxed and cruised at about =
60 mph indicated....just listening to the car.&nbsp; It was fun to =
concentrate on what rpms the car likes best (I have the Powerflow 6), =
and realize how nicely the car does drive...for a 44-year old =
car.&nbsp; For a little while, I forgot about the cosmetic =
imperfections and simply enjoyed my car.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">To sum it all up, I =
was intrigued that &quot;in spirit&quot; you also were driving your =
Plymouth last night.&nbsp; Interesting, huh?&nbsp; How many other =
Listers I wonder went for a drive last night?&nbsp; Was last night a =
full moon?&nbsp; Hahaha.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">-Jason Rogers</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">-'55 Belvedere =
4-door - Powerflow 6 - 3-on-the-tree</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------ =_NextPart_001_01BE7B82.69CC2DCA--