[FWDLK] Field Trip

Hi All,
   Just a quick report... I drove out to Vestaburg to Hillard's Junkyard
today.  I actually found out about Hillards from a couple of you.
   He's got lots of stuff, but it is JUNK.  Most everything is sitting flat on
the ground, and the cars have sunk into the rich Michigan topsoil and rusted
badly.  Many have been there for quite a long time.  I think at one time he
must have had an employee who's job it was to go around and open all the doors
and trunks on all the cars.  I saw one 55 or 56 Dodge with the door open and a
4" tree growing in the opening!
   There are a number of cars with good stainless, or decent bumpers, but all
the interiors, steering wheels, etc. were SHOT.  There were a couple of the
square (TV) wheels, but they were badly weathered.  Few cars showed any signs
of ever having a headliner, much less the highly sought-after strips.
   All in all kind of a disappoining trip.  He does have one Imperial (haven't
figured out which year yet) that he said ran when it cam in 3 or 4 years
ago... its got some rust, but is mostly all there. It's a 4dr sedan, but it
may serve as a quick "Fin Fix" to get me started and through the winter!!
I'll let you know when I figure out the year.
   He does have lots of stuff, a number of 58 Dodges, and enough 61 Plymouths
to build a 4 dr or a wagon (decent wagon body) but no interior stuff.  If
they'd just have kept the doors and trunks shut... I saw a 61 Plymouth 4dr
that was completely full of vines... couldn't even see in!!!

Later,
Steve