Re: IML: How do you know if its leather

I used to own a leather hide business in NYC and found an easy way to tell the difference>  Poke your finger down into the material .. notice carefully the lines that radiate out from your finger> soft all over indentations equal fake leather while the real has an angular slightly broken lines to it.. Also to note when buying leather : The original firmness and body of the leather and how its finished are vitale to dupicate original designs. For example> Can upholster a 53 Eldo or Skylark in a soft leather? No it will not hold the shape of the design and the leathers had a glazed finish as well.. Softer leathers you would see in a pillow design style or with gathers like 75 Imperials or later Lincolns Marks. In other words you cant make a mans suit out of chiffon... Thats my three cents on it