Re: IML: 63 window gears and such

If you want new gears for a 63, youll probably have to remove the entire window regulator ( thats the name for the combined parts that include the gears and the arms that attach to the window ) and replace it. I have taken several of these out of cars over the years, I dont think that you can disassemble the individual parts - but I wont swear to it - but I will say that you dont want to try and fight the spring that is built into the regulator.

You can remove the motor and little coupling easily enough, unbolt the regulator and with a bit of effort you can get it out of the door. Id suggest taking some pics or making sketches of just how everything was placed in the door, if you are going in deep and working on the door latches, strikers and linkages. Its generally a mirror image from left to right side, so do one side and get it just right before going to the opposite side.