IML: Toasty 64 Crown Coupe

Wishing a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all of our group members.

I guess you just can’t keep a good car down. I went out and hooked up the battery in my Coupe, (the one that had the engine compartment fire) and I was able to start it up and move it to a more suitable parking space. The power steering hose parted at the hard connection on the steering box. Luckily (so far) I have only found both P/S hoses and both A/C hoses burned, along with a few cooked wires. Could have been a lot worse. After moving the car, I tried to use the key to shut it off, and it wouldn’t shut off. Had to pull the coil wire.

 I also wanted to thank all of the club members that sent advice on parts procurement. That has helped a lot.  If any of you are interested I have pictures of the Imperial posted here  www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/ml-kinker64imperial.html   Enjoy the holidays!   Thanks again!

Bob Kinker