Re: IML: New Imperial Articles Added To The Site

Re: IML: New Imperial Articles Added To The Site

On 12/23/2004,
Mike & Christine Trettin wrote:

Thanks to Kenyon Wills, we now have some new Imperial magazine articles posted on the site:

I reply:

Just when you think you've seen it all, some one finds a "new" article on your favourite year of Imperial and is kind enough to share it with the world through our magnificent web site. How can you beat that? The posted article, from CAR LIFE, on the 1958 Imperial was one of the best I've ever seen, even though it was more generous to the 58 Lincoln than any I've seen so far.

This seems like a very fine day to say thanks to all the volunteers, past and present, who make our web site and our mailing list so consistently enjoyable, informative and friendly. Sometimes in our tiny universe, small differences become exaggerated and storms in a tea cup loom as large as raging typhoons, but reality always intrudes and life goes on. I am probably one of the worst offenders around here, so I speak from embarrassed experience.

I remain struck by some words posted by list and site creator Tony Lindsay who spoke for so many of us about why this list was started in the first place. As car nuts go, we Imperial lovers are an isolated minority. I certainly felt that way for years before I found this Imperial haven. I was made welcome at my local Mopar club, but their world of Chargers and Barracudas and mine of oversized luxury are not the same and the challenges in finding parts and expertise is very different. This site and list has created a community, and it has been a major source of information and comoraderie for me. I like to think I have given something back along the way but I know it is nowhere as much as I have gained.

So, here's to us all. Especially, here's to the wonderful people with whom I have had the biggest disagreements. Here's to the folks who keep the web site the flowing and growing fountain of knowledge that it is. And here's to the list moderators. I may be a thorn in your side but I respect your good intentions and recognise, despite all, that you do a fine job in herding us cats in something really close to being almost in the same direction.

Hugh