Re: IML: Imperial Electrical

On the electroluminescent, I would say that your power pack is failing. I had the same problem with my '63. Installing the rebuilt power pack took care of the problem. I also have heard that this symptom can occur from a "gradual short". I would go with the power pack. These run about $125.00 plus a usable core.

For the turn signals, I would check all the bulbs. Make sure that they not only work, but that they also are the correct bulb number. There are two different types of dual filiment bulbs. Only one of them will have the contacts lined up in your socket. If I remember correctly, 1157's and 1134's are not the same and will not interchange. The correct number is in the owners manual. If all else fails, replace the flasher and check the wiring. Some of our cars were set up to pull trailers with after market equipment, which was later removed. Some of these old connections (usually in the trunk) can become loose or corroded causing all sorts of mysterious problems.

Paul