IML: Lemony Snickets, My review of the '60 Imperial etc.

IML: Lemony Snickets, My review of the '60 Imperial etc.

Hi Folks, Yesterday was opening day for Lemony Snickets' A Series of Unfortunate Events.  My partner Tony and I and Chris Hawkins went to see it last night.  A pretty good movie by all accounts but of course my focus was entirely on the star of the show, the '60 Imperial.  Before now all that was available were quick little clips of the car.  Now we know what it was they started with.  A 1960 Custom Soouthampton hartop.  We could see some fabric on the door panels with the small crowns, and the front fenders just read Imperial, indicating a Custom.  Sedan posts were added but there were no sedan door frames and the Southampton interior chrome surround was present.  Sedans have no chrome running along the headliner.  The major modification was stretching the car between the rear doors and the rear wheelwells with a customized roof treatment.  The car has the standard decklid.  They highly modified the dashboard, it was not recognizable but retained the push buttons in various locations.  The seats were also not original to the car but of a thicker, more "sofa" variety.  The car was pretty succesful in creating the menacing look and the patina of age on the car looked quite authentic.  It featured a highly modified Tatra in many more scenes than the Imperial.  I know the dash of the Tatra was highly modified but don't know enough about those cars to say more than that.  Our Atlanta paper did mention the Chrysler Imperial so at least there were no mistakes in the year, just that it was a Chrysler which is technically wrong.  I find that the general public needs the Chrysler prefix anyway or you just get a confused look on their face.   I think it is quite an enjoyable movie. Happy Holidays Everyone.  Richard and Tony, Atlanta

Do you Yahoo!?