IML: State taxes/maybe parting out a '66

IML: State taxes/maybe parting out a '66

They haven't  yet caught on to the Bill of Sale tax avoidance in Calif.  I
told them I bought a '66 Newport for $600 and they never batted an eyelash.
Ditto for the '66 Crown Coupe for $600 (TRUE!) and the '70 New Yorker for
$500 (also TRUE!) and the '91 K-Imperial for $800 (again TRUE!).

Three of those cars are fit for daily driving -- I drive the '91 500 miles
a week, the New Yorker is for sale and the Newport is a street/strip
joyriding cruiser.  But the coupe is my two-year project.  Let's see what
they say when I show up with a BoS for my latest, a '66 4-door that's one
step away from being a parts car.   I actually committed to buying this one
sight unseen due to the low price and distance from me, and due to the fact
that it's got a '65 date coded 440 engine block, which my project car
lacks.  First time in my life I've done that.

Heads up, '66 owners, I believe I will keep the engine and some small stuff
from this one and actually part out the rest. Review your wish lists and
look for my announcement in January after I take delivery and do a full
inspection.

-- David