Re: IML: 63 Round Steering Wheel

Thanks Paul. I'd never even heard mention of the round wheel till I read that old magazine. What a rarity it must be though. Alex 63 Crown.

RandalPark@xxxxxxx wrote:
I don't think that a round wheel actually was offered in '63. There was a "round" wheel offered as an option in 1960, the first year for the ellipse.

This rare 1960 item has come up as a topic here before, and there was an example of it on E-bay a few months back on a very nice car. At one time I knew someone who had a '60 Custom Two Door Southampton with that wheel. That was the first time that I actually knew of its existence, and that car was almost 20 years old at the time.

You might find the email string in the OIC Web site.

Paul