IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Brian Ledgerwood (1938 Royal)

IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Brian Ledgerwood (1938 Royal)

New Subscriber(s): Brian Ledgerwood
Email Address is: brian.sera@xxxxxxxxxx
Member Location:  New Zealand

Car(s) owned: No Imperial sorry. 1938 Chrysler Royal C18 sedan,(bronze), 241cu.with o/d. car is 95% restored.eng no C1841381.Body No 7571229.

Self-Introduction: Hello, my name is Brian Ledgerwood ,I live in a little town called Oamaru in New Zealand and are 39yrs young.I moved here from the city of Nelson 3 yrs ago . house's were to expensive to buy there so moved to a cheaper part of the country.I work for a wool company called Summit woolspinners ,the wool is sent to carpet maker's all over the world .Some of it goes to the USA but not sure what part.While living in Nelson i worked for a fishing company called Sealord ,they too had market's in the USA. My father allways had valiant's ,so when i left school to work i brought a 1965 valiant slant 6,then moved up to V8's from there on. I purchased the Royal in 1990 as a wreck for $1,100, I have put $16,000 into it so far, that's only the price of the materials .It was a body off resto.the body is back on and new interior is done.This very week i am waiting for the radio for it coming from Antique automobile radio in FL.This will make it complete. The original radi!
o was put in a rubbish can back in the 1950's.Since owning
the royal i have brought many books on Chrysler ,all so have Walter P's Life of an American Workman.Hope one day to come to the USA and see the Chrysler building up close, and go to Hershy swap meet.I am hopeing this introductin will put me in contact with 1938 Imperial owner's ,as i would love to own one to restore. The 38 royal is very rear here,and no C19,C20 Imperial's that i know about .I made contact with one chap back in 94 who had a 38 royal .He thought he had the only one in New Zealand .It was quite exciting for both of us .I traveled a whole day to meet him ,He gave me a drive ,it was beautiful.At a swap meet a few year's back a chap had The complete dash (with clock),Steeringwheel(with hornring),both rear door's , and bonnet side shutters off a 38 New York special. It was rotton that's all he could get,(no motor). someone 's got it .I will sign off for now .Hope to hear from some members. Brian Ledgerwood